Tuesday, 30 July 2013
Election night
I think by the time this picture was taken we were pretty sure we had been elected. This must have been taken some time after 4.00 in the morning. It had been a long day, going around the polling stations, and an even longer night. The staff who organised and ran the election were amazing, and each ballot paper was read out loud with two people recording the votes. At one point I timed the reading out of papers for five minutes and worked out on average it took 15 seconds to read a paper. So that meant 4 in a minute or 240 an hour. It must have been about 1.30 when I worked this out and then with something like 1200 votes to count it became apparent that the whole process was going to take at least 5 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment